Professional Courses through ODL mode

Hello, I am Dr. Madhuri Sonawane, Assistant Professor, School of Agricultural Sciences, Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University, Nashik, maharashtra State, India

I would like to learn views and experiences from various countries about ins and outs of offering the professional degrees like medicine, architechure, agriculture, etc through ODL mode.

Offering professional programmes in the field of health is a challenge as approvals are not given by respective councils. UG, PG programmes not allowed to offer. Ignou was offering only one program approved by nursing council but with change of council executives faced studentd problems.
Continuing education programmes are conducted by ignou but no credit policy in place.

Councils should draft guidelines for monitoring quality for distance education programmes separayely.

Thank you for your response. At YCMOU we are offering and conducting degree , diploma and certificate programmes in agricultural sciences in blended mode. We used to offer M. Sc. and Ph. D. Programmes in agricultural sciences.

I think we in India are well aware of offering technical and professional courses through ODL. I learned open universities in Pakistan and Bangladesh run degree, post graduate and Ph. D. level programmes in agriculture.

That is a really interesting fact. Thanks for sharing. :slightly_smiling_face: